If you love travelling and if you ever had to choose a travel destination that would meet all your ‘perfect trip’ criteria, you already know how difficult it is. To make your life easier, we have here top travel destinations around the world. No matter if you are looking for a romantic escape, want to enjoy different types of sports, visit colonial destinations or simply spend your holidays in a lovely, quiet place, the list of fascinating and safe tourist spots is practically endless. It is your job then to decide what the thing that motivates you to choose one location over another , in order to find your dream travel route is.
In this post we have some advice for you to take into consideration before you plan and select a perfect destination for your travel:
- Define what you expect from your trip; whether it is to relax or to explore, whether you want to sunbathe on the sandy beach away from civilization or spend your time moving around and sightseeing from dawn to dusk. If your top priority is to rest, you might want to have a closer look at the places famous for their chilled atmosphere and warm ocean, such as the Caribbean, Central America, the Mediterranean or Asia. But, if you are looking to visit places with rich history and breathtaking sceneries, South America or Europe might be a better option for you.
- Think about your budget. If you are lucky enough not to have to worry about the money, your options are practically unlimited, but if you are planning a trip on a budget, you might need to think about the ways of cutting your costs down. One way to save a bit on your travel is as simple as to seek destinations with a local currency that is weaker than yours. For example, if you live in Ireland, you can look at the countries where the currency other than euro is being used. They are usually (not always!) relatively cheaper, so everything from food to souvenirs is less expensive
A good example of such low cost travel would be ecotourism in Guatemala. Once you can afford the flight, being there will cost you practically nothing. (For those unfamiliar with the term, ecotourism is when you travel without disturbing natural areas, in order to enjoy, appreciate or study natural attractions (landscapes, flora and fauna) and local culture.)
We hope that sorting these key aspects (expectations and budget) out will give you some ideas about the next travel spot, but we are well aware that even with clarity regarding the above, you might still have a hard time deciding on the next perfect trip.
That’s why we have looked at many different reviews from other experienced travelers for you, and have compiled a list of destinations around the world to help you narrow your options down and make a decision.
We hope the following recommendations will ease your choice of what your next travel destination is going to be:
- Marrakech, Morocco: many people consider this “Jewel of the South” to be the best travel destination in the world. With its reliable temperatures (ideal from mid February to end April) and mouth-watering local cuisine it is a perfect place for a short trip, but offering fascinating historic sites and other landmarks and activities (like golf on six courses or treks in the Atlas mountains) will easily satisfy also travellers willing to stay for longer.
- Siem Reap, Cambodia: an ancient system of the temples contained within one of the largest religious complexes in the world. Together with the 12th century Angkor Thom royal city, it is considered the main reason to visit not only Cambodia, but the whole South East Asia. In Siem Reap you can immerse yourself in the national history while exploring Cambodian Cultural Village, and then learn a lesson in bargaining at the Angkor Night Market: a cluster of shopping stalls, food vendors, and bars. And don’t think three days at the temples is enough.
- Istanbul, Turkey: Istanbul is a city like no other, where European and Asian culture meet, resulting in a breathtaking combination of ancient architecture with modern constructions. From restaurants and mosques, to bazaars and Turkish baths, this city offers unlimited options for travelers who enjoy being active around the clock.
- Hanoi, Vietnam: located in the north, Hanoi is one of the main destinations for visitors to this exotic country. Offering a mixture of Eastern, Colonial and French styles, it is a fascinating place for discovering Vietnamese culture and enjoying simple pleasures of fine dining and beautiful weather. There is no way to be bored in this city of multiple lakes, parks, boulevards, temples and pagodas.
- Prague, Czech Republic: Prague has it all: a historic Old Town full of hidden courtyards and cobblestone lanes; a romantic riverside packed with extravagant cafes and old-fashioned bars; and a rich cultural programme offering anything and everything from classical music to intensive courses of traditional brewing in local microbreweries. No wonder why Prague charms everyone who visits.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina: the capital and largest city of Argentina, the second-largest metropolisin South America, birthplace of tango. Many people say that Buenos Aires is two cities in one: part European, with an atmosphere resembling cities like Madrid or Vienna; part Latin American – compelling and seductive, with typical South American bustling energy.
The city offers unforgettable shopping experience you can immerse yourself in when wandering along its grand, wide boulevards; and quality relaxation time combining modern art related activities with vibrant nightlife.
- Cape Town Central, South Africa: not only the most popular tourist destination in South Africa, but Africa as a whole. Cape Town is famous for its good climate, well preserved nature, and well-developed infrastructure. It offers excellent eco friendly tourism, beautiful beaches, and amazing wildlife encounters like no other place on the continent.
We hope you enjoyed our review of some of that best travel destinations around the globe. It is important to remember that although these places are perfect locations to spend your holidays, you still need to make sure to do everything in your power to be free from unnecessary problems during your trip.
Unfortunately, sometimes even the most experienced travelers suffer setbacks, and for that reason it is very important to have travel insurance which will be protecting you and your family during your holidays.
UCompare offers the best choice of travel insurance to help you enjoy your deserved holiday without worrying about the things that might go wrong when you are away.