These terms of business are effective from 1st of January 2016.
This website ("Ucompare.ie") is owned and provided by JAD Marketing Ltd (registered in
Ireland with company number 568680) whose registered address is at 49 Blessington
Street, Dublin 7. Contact details - [email protected]
Ucompare.ie and "you" and "your" means any person who proposes to use or is using this
"Third Party/Parties”, “product or service provider" means the provider of any service or
product advertised on this website or made available via this website.
You acknowledge that by accepting terms and conditions on Ucompare.ie you agree to receive insurance quotes and updates by email based on the information you input on Ucompare.ie.
JAD Marketing Ltd. T/A Ucompare.ie is an Insurance Intermediary and is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. JAD marketing is registered as an Insurance Intermediary under the European Communities (Insurance Mediation) Regulations, 2005. We are subject to the Central Bank’s Consumer Protection Code 2012, Minimum Competency Code 2011 and Fitness and Probity Standards, which offer protection to consumers and can be found on the Central Bank’s website www.centralbank.ie. A copy of the firm’s statement of authorised status is available on request.
Ucompare.ie is not a broker, we only provide an independent and impartial online comparison service that can be used to research and compare Travel Insurance and other services provided by third parties whilst using Ucompare.ie. Our insurance comparison service is free and there is no charge for you to use this service. We receive a fee and/or commission from the third party product or service providers when you use our service to purchase travel insurance or other products/services from them.
Please be aware that we do not provide financial or insurance advice or a recommendation or endorsement in respect of any product or service referred to on this Website. Information provided on Ucompare.ie is for general information purposes only so that you can select the product or service that you feel is most appropriate to meet your needs. You should always check the suitability, adequacy and appropriateness of the product or service that is of interest to you and it is your sole decision whether to obtain or refrain from obtaining any product or service.
We suggest that you seek independent professional advice before you obtain any product or service via Ucompare.ie If you are in any doubt as to the suitability, adequacy or appropriateness of any product or service referred to on this Website.
We aim to provide uninterrupted access to this Website but we give no warranty as to the uninterrupted availability of this Website. We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to this Website at any time. We reserve the right to add, amend, delete, edit, remove or modify any information, content, material or data displayed on Ucompare.ie and without notice from time to time.
Use of Ucompare.ie
- You are only permitted to access and use Ucompare.ie for your personal, non-commercial purposes. This Website may only be accessed and used directly by a private individual or by a business to seek a product or service directly for that individual or business and on their own behalf. Access to and use of this Website other than for your personal, non-commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
You are not permitted to use Ucompare.ie:
I. In any unlawful, fraudulent or commercial manner.
II. To harm, threaten, abuse, embarrass, defame, libel, intimidate or harass another person, or in a way that invades another person's privacy or is obscene, offensive, hateful, indecent, inappropriate, objectionable, unacceptable, discriminatory or damaging as determined by us.
III. To tamper with, modify, reverse engineer or amend any part of this Website.
IV. To affects the integrity or security of this website.
- If you breach any of the points mentioned above, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including denying you access to this website, bringing legal proceedings against you and disclosing such information to appropriate legal and/or regulatory bodies.
- We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link you have of our website at any time and we may withdraw any linking permission at any time and in some circumstances, take legal action against you.
Intellectual property Rights
- All information, data and copyright material contained on this website, including any trade marks (whether officially registered or unregistered), trade names, brands, logos, images and devices belong to us or our licensors. You must not use such information or copyright material unless you have written permission from us or the owner to do so.
- You may temporarily print, copy, download or store extracts of information, content, material or data displayed on this Website for your own personal non business use only, provided that you do not breach our terms and conditions.
- Any information, data, brand, logo and image must not be used or displayed on any other website without our prior written consent.
Exclusions of liability
- We check our website on a regular basis to make sure that the information on Ucompare.ie is accurate and try to fix any errors or omissions as soon as possible. We do not guarantee that the data, material and information on Ucompare.ie are accurate or that there are no errors or omissions in the data, material and information.
- We do not monitor, verify or endorse data, material and information provided by third parties, which is included on Ucompare.ie. In particular, we do not monitor, verify or endorse the information or quotations collected from the product and service providers as presented to you on the Website. We are not responsible for any data, material or information included on the Website, which has been provided by third parties.
- We do not give any warranty that the Website is free from viruses or anything else, which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
- We are not responsible or liable for any indirect losses or damages suffered or incurred by you or for any losses or damages suffered or incurred by you which were not foreseeable by us when you accessed or used the Website.
Exclusion of our liability in respect of third party websites and products or services is given below.
You can apply for a number of products and services via Ucompare.ie but all these products and services are not provided by us. All the products and services are provided by third parties over whom we do not have control. It is your responsibility to decide that you wish to obtain any product or service from these providers.
Please be aware that the information and descriptions of products and services on this Website may not represent the complete descriptions of all the features and terms and conditions of those products and services. Please read and ensure that you understand the terms and conditions of their website and terms and conditions of any product or service you might be agreeing with them.
If you apply for or obtain any product or service, your contract will be with a third party who will be providing that product or service on their own terms and conditions. It is your responsibility to make sure that you read and agree with those terms and conditions before entering into a contract with the third party. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur in connection with the terms and conditions applying to any contract entered into by you with any third party.
Ucompare.ie only provides links to third party websites for your interest and convenience only. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the content of any third party website, as this is outside of our control.
You must take all reasonable safety measures to ensure that any information, content or data you provide is free from viruses, spyware or any malicious software which may have a harmful or destructive effect on any part of this Website.
It is your responsibility to make sure that you disclose all the relevant facts and all the information, content, material or data you provide on this Website is correct and accurate. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur if any information, content, material or data you provide on this Website is not correct, complete and accurate or if it is misleading or if you fail to disclose all relevant facts.
In order to obtain and compare quotes on Ucompare.ie you will need to answer few questions. These questions are designed to ensure that we and all product or service providers have all of the information necessary to provide you with accurate, appropriate and timely information relating to the products and/or services in which you are interested. So please make that information you supply is complete, accurate and correct. If you fail to provide the correct information any insurance purchased may be void.
You must only use Ucompare.ie for your personal use only, however if you are using Ucompare.ie on behalf of any other person, you are confirming to us that you have their permission to do so and that they understand how their details will be used.
We will try to resolve all the complaints within 5 working days. In the event where we are unable to resolve your complaint within 5 workings days, we will then go to our full complaints procedure and your complaint will be acknowledged in writing. Full complaint procedure is summarised below. Each complaint will be acknowledged by us within 5 working days of receipt and updates will be advised in intervals of no more than 20 working days. We will try our best to resolve the complaint within 40 business days and findings will be furnished to you within 5 working days of completion of the investigation. In the event that you are not satisfied with the firms response to your complaint you may wish to direct your complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman, 3rd Floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2. Our full complaints procedure is also available on request.
Jurisdiction and Enforceability
Conflicts of Interest
It is the policy of the firm to avoid any conflict of interest when providing business services to its clients. However, where an unavoidable conflict of interest arises we will advise you of the steps we propose to take in order to protect your interests before providing you with any business service.
Data Protection and Confidentiality
JAD Marketing ltd. trading as Ucompare will treat any personal data or other information with respect and confidence in accordance with data protection legislation.
We collect personal details to provide a high standard of service to you. We take care with the
information provided; taking steps to keep it secure and to ensure it is used only for legitimate purposes. To fulfil these objectives we may share information with other affiliates and they have their own data protection and confidentiality policy. The information and other data provided to JAD Marketing Ltd. trading as Ucompare may be used to advise you of products and services we may offer from time to time.
We comply with all applicable data protection legislation in relation to the personal data we collect from you.
JAD Marketing Ltd. T/A Ucompare.ie comply with data protection legislation and treat any personal or other information with respect and confidence in accordance with data protection legislation.